- About Us
- Use the network
- Projects and activities
Digital Audio – Challenges and Possibilities, event in Copenhagen on June 21.
In collaboration with the strategic research project CoSound, Danish Sound Innovation Network hosts an event concerning the many challenges and opportunities that digital audio represents. The day will introduce many different angles on issues concerning digital audio and we are proud to present a number of prominent international speakers.
Time: June 21, 9.00-16.30
Location: Bella Sky Hotel, Center Boulevard 5, DK-2300 Copenhagen S
Registration and price: email to Rebecca Engberg reendtu [dot] dk, the event is free of charge but there is a no-show fee of DKK 600.
Program: Read detailed program here
Sound is a critical content and experience element in digital media technology. The consumption of audio through online streaming, podcasts and social network platforms has never been larger. The consequence is that the roles of artist, producers, right owners, libraries, broadcasters, music and technology companies are in a transformational phase. However, this creates a great potential for new products and services for navigation, organization and consumption of audio based on user's needs and context. Further, it provides new opportunities for communication, interaction, enrichment and access to cultural heritage. A cross-disciplinary effort between creative, cultural, technological researchers and businesses is required to solve the challenges and release the potential.
June 21 features presentations and panel discussions on challenges and opportunities within "Digital Audio". You can meet a number of Danish and international specialists in the field, including:
- Opening up the BBC Sound Archives - From Editorial Ruration to the BBC World Service Archive Prototype: MARK FLASHMAN, BBC R&D Internet Research and Future Services , UK
- Education for Preservation and Innovation: Digital Archiving Plans in the Social Media Era: ELIZABETH COHEN, Cohen Acoustical and Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences, USA
- WiMPHiFi ‐ Great Sound is Good Business: PÅL BRÅTELUND, WiMP, Norway
- Changing Practices of Production, Distribution and Communication in the Digital Music Industry: RASMUS REX PEDERSEN, Roskilde University, Denmark
- Casual Interaction With Computers: RODERICK MURRAY SMITH, University of Glasgow, UK
- Making Sense of Sounds: MARK PLUMBLEY, Queen Mary University of London, UK
- Audio Culture Researcher Requirements, Metadata Design and Potentials of Automated Feature Extraction: BIRGER LARSEN, Royal School of Library and Information Science, Denmark
Share news, questions and comments with the network
- Statoil Prisen 2013 til lydforsker Mads Græsbøll Christensen
- Nørdcamp - 4 summercamps for børn, der er vilde med teknik. Deltag som frivillig eller tjek om det er noget for dine børn
- Seminar 18. juni: Mangler din virksomhed talenter fra og på vækstmarkederne i Kina og Brasilien?
- Sæt kryds i kalenderen - Laboratoriet for Akustik afholder 50 års jubilæum 20. juni 2013
- ”Målinger i hverdagen”- årets Metrologidag 2013 afholdes den 22. maj